In collaboration with and under the supervisionof the Nursing Program Director, the Academic Coordinator assists in thesystematic delivery of the curriculum. The Academic Coordinator ensuresconsistent implementation of academic policies, appropriate delivery of coursesand utilization of academic resources, and ongoing support for students andinstructors. The Coordinator engages in faculty activities related to coursedevelopment, evaluation, and revision and assists with regulatory/accreditationactivities. The Academic Coordinator assists the DON to ensure the seamlessintegration and application of content from the classroom to the clinicalsetting. The Coordinator assume a teaching load as assigned to meet departmentneeds.
duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support facultyimplementation of college and department policies and procedures
Assist faculty withcourse content, learning activities, and student assessment.
Provide guidance andinstructional support in the use of academic resources for faculty in didactic,laboratory, and clinical settings.
Work with new facultyduring the on-boarding and orientation process.
Assist with facultyperformance evaluations and observations in classroom, laboratory and clinicalsettings.
Assist with the developmentand implementation of coaching plans.
Collaborate with theNursing Program Director to address faculty and student issues.
Organize and implementprogram-specific new student orientation and nursing pinning ceremonies.
Assistin the tracking of student attendance, grades, and academic progress.
Participatein nursing specific student retention meetings.
Collaboratewith the Nursing Program Director to promote retention efforts and studentservices to high-risk students.
Participatein the development of nursing policies and procedures, student handbooks andother program information.
Participatein the review and revision of curricula as well as other program evaluationactivities.
Participate as directedon the program specific Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) and InstitutionalAdvisory Committee.
Assists withrequirements related to the Board of Nursing, TWC, COE, and other regulatory/accreditationagencies.
Assume a teaching loadas needed and assigned by the Corporate Director of Nursing to meet programneeds.
Adheres to all collegepolicies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
VocationalNurse Program (Texas):
Currentlylicensed or have privileges to practice as a registered nurse in the State ofTexas
Three years of nursingexperience
One year of teachingexperience
Demonstrateevidence of teaching abilities in subject area of teaching responsibility
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.