With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- Under general supervision, responsible for evaluating donor suitability for automated pheresis procedures
- Provides limited emergency medical care to donors and staff including administering medication or treatments in accordance with licensure or certification
- Interviews donors and performs medical history reviews to obtain necessary information to determine suitability to donate plasma
- In conjunction with the Center Medical Director, responds to medically related questions and provides information to staff on donor suitability
- Reviews test results and determines continued donor suitability; assesses donor symptoms that may result in the inability to continue donating
- Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results; refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and counseling
- Provides routine care following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); escalates critical medical situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers as required
- Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
- If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
- For NY: current state licensure or certification as an RN, MD or DO in the state you are applying for work or in a reciprocal state
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in a health care environment
- Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred
- Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.