Medical Assistant: Under direction of a Psychiatrist and coordination with the clinical team, interview consumers, measure vital signs, draw blood for testing, and perform other basic clinical functions to help meet the medical needs of each consumer. Record consumer information into medical chart, monitor and administer medications or give injections.
Psychiatric Nurse: Provide direct nursing services, mental health assessments and treatment to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness.
** Please note that this PRN/Pool role is to fill in as needed Mon-Fri, during day hours. Employees will be scheduled at various locations/floors. **
NEW HIRE HOURLY RATE:
Medical Assistant: $17.96/hr. - $21.55/hr.
Psychiatric Nurse: $24.24/hr. - $28.52/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, and crisis interventions.
* Provide medical case management as needed.
* Assist consumers with psychological, social development and rehabilitation.
* Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and psychiatrist.
* Draw blood for lab work for consumers.
* Monitor consumers' vital signs.
* Administer intramuscular medications.
* Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
* Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing Lead Nurse and Program Manager.
Medical Assistant: Completion of educational program necessary to obtain a Medical Assistant Certification. Must be certified as a Medical Assistant.
Must be certified as a Medical Assistant.
Psychiatric Nurse: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Licensed as a Practical Nurse in good standing with the Board of Nursing of the State of Colorado.
Medical Assistant: At least on year working a medical/clinic environment. Experience working in a community mental health center or within a mental health field is strongly preferred.
Psychiatric Nurse: 1-3 years of experience working with consumers with a serious and persistent
mental illness preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Theoretical and working knowledge of psychotropic medications.
* Working knowledge of laboratory test results.
* Ability to assess crises situations and intervene appropriately.
* Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
* Effective written and verbal communications skills.
* General knowledge of computer technology.
* Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
* Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
May require occasional evening or weekend hours.