In collaboration with Physician Practice Management and Organizational Development participates in assessment of educational needs of clinical, non - clinical staff, and front office staff; participates in development of curriculum; conducts research to obtain most recent information about identified topic; delivers curricula to targeted groups including instruction in theory and provision of clinical experience; evaluates effectiveness of curricula through analyses of class participation, feedback and written tests; participates in workshops designed for career advancement of clinic staff; instructs staff of all levels in orientation and other programs; supervises learning experiences of staff in programs; acts as a role model to nursing, medical assistants, and health care office staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; participates in and delivers approved continuing education programs to enhance professional competence; prepares and submits reports as required; maintains records of those persons participating in educational programs; protects human and civil rights of patients and or clients and staff; may participate on committees and in recruitment process; performs related duties as required, and will be called upon to work some nights or weekends depending on the educational needs of the organization.
EDUCATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Associates Degree in Nursing, (ADN) required. Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico LPN or RN license, BLS issued through American Heart Association certification required.
- Advanced knowledge of quality and safety programs, research, regulations and data management
- Considerable knowledge of outpatient clinic operations, principles and practices
- Knowledge of teaching, coaching and evaluation of principles and techniques
- Basic leadership abilities
- Self-directed and detail orientated
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinking
- Works independently and as a team member,
- Employs discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas
- Read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to train on computer related to clinical documentation;
- demonstrated knowledge with outpatient practice management
- Basic understanding of electronic medical records systems
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of clinical experience with one year of leadership/education experience (lead or charge nurse). One year of experience performing analytics and research preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: CSVMG Quality Manager
- Bloodborne pathogen B: - If involved in clinical contact.
Works in a clean, well-lighted, smoke free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent physical effort such as walking, standing, sitting and those activities involved with patient care, occasional pushing, pulling, and lifting. Moving educational equipment and supplies as needed for classes. Flexibility in scheduling required.