- Must possess an unencumbered LPN license in SC, GA, FL or AL with the ability to be licensed in other states. Compact license preferred.
- This is a Full-time position which is based onsite in our Care Center in Augusta, GA.
- Hospice Experience a Plus
Job Description Summary:
The Chronic Care Management LPN/LVN is responsible for the oversight of patient-centered care coordination for for patients receiving Chronic Care Management (CCM) and Transitional Care Management (TCM) services. The CCM LPN/LVN assures all CCM and TCM service elements are met, documented and coordinated.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
A. Receives, obtains consent, and processes client data.
B. Answers incoming calls and directs to appropriate personnel, applying superior customer service skills.
C. Understands the Medicare Benefit for Chronic Care Management (CCM) and
Transitional Care Management (TMC) and articulates to the customer/patient the
benefits of the program and the impact to their continued wellness plan.
D. Enters all information accurately and promptly into the electronic comprehensive care plan according to NavCare processes and procedures.
E. Works collaboratively with physicians’ office staff and is seen as part of their team when assigned in a physician office.
F. Acts as a resource to others and assists with clinical oversight to ensure all elements of CCM and TCM are met.
G. Documents all communication and coordination of patient contact in electronic documentation system including aggregation and clinical summaries. Assures documentation includes tracking and time-stamping to support billing for CCM and TCM.
H. Completes and answers patient calls related to CCM/TCM activities.
I. Is skilled in the use of the electronic documentation for CCM. Provides consultative support and training to staff in required elements, documentation and coordination.
J. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external customers. Acts as a liaison for assigned patients with client (physician office, facility, etc.).
K. Responds to customer requests and concerns. Documents all concerns and follow-up and escalates to the RN or Director when appropriate.
L. Provides clinical care oversight and prioritization direction to Care Center Medical Assistant staff.
1. LPN/LVN licensed in the state(s) in which services are provided. License must be unencumbered.
2. Knowledgeable in the Medicare benefit for CCM and TCM.
3. Bilingual/Spanish-speaking highly desirable.
4. Experience with a variety clinical systems and ability to quickly master new IT systems.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
6. Adaptability to work with various disciplines in multiple locations (i.e. NavCare Call Center, physician office, facility).
7. Must be able to work in a seated position or standing position for extended periods of time.
8. Must be well organized with an ability to set priorities and use time effectively.
9. Excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills.
10. Flexibility to handle a workload that fluctuates greatly based on team needs.