Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country’s leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke’s unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
1.Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients’ physical and mental status.
2. Completes all necessary documentation in the patient’s medical record in accordance with practice’s charting policy.
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
4. Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
5. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
6. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
7. Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
8. Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
9. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process.
10. Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed.
Benefits - Wide range of benefits options!
- Here at Frye, you choose your own Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week.
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30% off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. You also accrue points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost to you.
Why join our team?
Frye Regional Medical Center employs more than 1500 professional and clinical staff. Our medical center is a 355-bed acute care facility which offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient care. Frye Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet the healthcare needs of our community. We believe our employees are our most valuable assets in accomplishing this goal and we have made great strides to ensure employee satisfaction. If you are passionate about changing lives, we are looking for you!