Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to join our Questcare Team in Coppell, Texas!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides clinical and administrative support for providers, patients, and office operations
- Triage adult and pediatric patients and obtain vital signs, record medical history & confirm purpose of visit
- Room patients for examination
- Draw blood and assist with various skills
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization tools and equipment as required
- Perform laboratory work, injections, and vaccines
- Assist with x-rays and EKG's
- Administer medications as directed by physician
- Comply with legal regulations to maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment for staff and patients
- Monitor supplies and place inventory orders
- Practice common safety hazards and precautions
- Assist with referrals and prior authorizations
- Maintain medical records
- Screens telephone calls for referral to physician
- Oversee laboratory coding for insurance purposes
- Maintain all laboratory logs and required checks
- Assist with prescription needs and refills
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equevalent
- Current BLS Certification at hire
- Completion of a nationally recognized accredited medical assistant training program, including a practicum (externship) of at least 160 hours, OR successful completion of a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces
- MA Certification received from a nationally recognized and accredited certifying body, upon hire. Currently, these include:
- The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), awarding the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- The American Medical Technologists (AMT), awarding the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- The National Center for Competency Testing, awarding the National Certified MA (NCMA)
- The National Health Career Association, awarding the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- The National Association for Health Professionals awarding the Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
- CPR Certification
- NCT Certification
- Phlebotomy Certification is a plus
- EKG Certification
- Knowledge of medical practice and medical terminology
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.