The Certified Medical Assistant functions as an integral member of the interdisciplinary health care team in providing direct patient care. The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice that ensures the clinic/office runs smoothly.
- The CMA takes medical histories, records vital signs, explains treatment procedures to patients, and prepares patients for examinations and procedures
- Patient care support responsibilities may include, collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, performing basic laboratory test in the clinic/office, promoting patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and documenting in the patient record
- Other clinical support responsibilities include disposing of contaminated supplies, instrument processing, high level disinfection and sterilization of medical instruments, telephoning prescriptions to a pharmacy as directed by a physician.
- The CMA greets patients, answers telephones, schedules appointments to include arrive appointments in system
- Checkout patients, and referral scheduling, arranges for hospital admissions and laboratory services, updates and files patient medical records, fills out insurance forms, handles billing
- Bookkeeping to include receiving co-pays and collections on account balances, correspondence, and ordering clinical and clerical supplies and forms. Performs other administrative duties as directed
- Certification by AAMA or AMT required
- CMA licensed/certified
- Draw Labs
- Basic vital signs experience
- EKG testing
- Educate patient on eating instructions, and place of surgery
- Point of care testing for Glucose
- Epic experience is Preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.