Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
1.Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing,
assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients’ physical and mental status.
2. Completes all necessary documentation in the patient’s medical record in accordance with practice’s charting
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
4. Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
5. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and
storing instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule.
Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
6. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure
to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous
7. Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies
appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care
provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
8. Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
9. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process.
10. Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed.