Vista College is currently hiring for a Corporate Nursing Simulation Coordinator. This position can be located in El Paso, Killeen, Beaumont or Las Cruces, NM.
To learn more about Vista College, visit the website at www.vistacollege.edu.
The Corporate Nursing Simulation Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive simulation program that facilitate student achievement of end-of-program Student Learning Outcomes (SLO). Primary responsibilities include designing and integrating simulation activities within the curriculum; ensuring alignment of simulated patient care experiences with course competency objectives; engaging instructors in the development and implementation of policies, patient care scenarios and debriefing strategies; facilitating
faculty development to ensure seamless integration and application of course content within simulated settings; and coordinating the systematic evaluation of the simulation program. The Corporate Nursing Simulation Coordinator collaborates with Nursing Program Directors at each campus to orient, coach and evaluate nursing instructors in the use of simulation. In collaboration with the Corporate Director of Nursing the Corporate Nursing Simulation Coordinator manages all nursing simulation activities in compliance with all federal, state, accrediting agency and Board of Nursing regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop simulation activities to meet specific course competency objectives and current best practice strategies.
2. Facilitate the development and enforcement of simulation policies and procedures for students and faculty.
3. Collaborate with nursing leadership to oversee the implementation of simulation activities at all nursing campuses.
4. Facilitate instructor orientation and ongoing faculty development related to simulated patient care experiences.
5. Provide guidance and instructional support in the use of academic resources for faculty in simulated patient care settings.
6. Collaborate with the Nursing Program Directors to conduct instructor performance evaluations and observations in simulated patient care settings.
7. Participate in the development and implementation of coaching plans for instructors implementing simulation activities.
8. Facilitate the systematic evaluation of simulation design, application, policies, resources, and outcomes.
9. Network with simulation instructors and experts at local, state and national levels to identify collaboration opportunities and current trends.
10. Maintain knowledge of best practices in simulation and its enhancement of learning.
11. Collaborate with nursing leadership and staff to maintain optimal functioning of simulation equipment.
12. Support faculty implementation of college and department policies and procedures.
13. Collaborate with the Corporate Director of Nursing to ensure compliance with academic, regulatory and professional accreditation requirements.
14. Participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures, student handbooks and other program information.
15. Participate in the review and revision of curricula as well as other program evaluation activities.
16. Participate in Occupational Advisory Committee meetings as directed.
17. Assume a part-time teaching load as needed and assigned by the Corporate Director of Nursing to meet program needs.
18. Adheres to all college policies and procedures.
19. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently licensed or have privileges to practice as a registered nurse in both the State of New Mexico and Texas
- BSN required; MSN preferred
- Three years of nursing experience
- Teaching experience in nursing education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.