With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Job Description Summary
Responsible for minor maintenance repairs and the clean and orderly appearance of the collection center.
1 Cleans table, chairs, cabinets, counters and appliances located in the employee break room and donor waiting area.
2 Vacuums carpets, dusts furniture and removes trash.
3 Cleans windows and doors at least daily.
4 Performs minor maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, painting, minor plumbing and carpentry tasks.
5 Monitors the grounds and parking lots around the center and picks up litter as required in these areas.
6 Assists in recycling and repackaging of shipping materials.
7 Inspects and cleans restrooms throughout the day. Replaces paper and soap supplies. Performs minor custodial tasks in area as required.
8 Physically receives supplies from vendors and moves supplies from storage area to released and quarantined areas.
9 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
10 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
11 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
12 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
13 Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum three (3) months experience as a custodian preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.