Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care.
Our mission is “the care of the patient is our reason for existence.” What’s yours?
The Front Desk Receptionist / Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for directing patients, visitors, and callers to their appropriate destination. This position will also perform tasks as a medical assistant in clinical operations.
This is a part-time opportunity working 25 hours per week.
- Answers the telephone, determining the caller's need and forwarding the caller to the appropriate person.
- Receives, sorts and routes mail. Prepares mail for pick-up.
- Logs payments received.
- Keeps the waiting room organized and clutter-free.
- Assists other disciplines as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to: back-up data entry, preparing meeting agendas, and verifying current insurance status.
- Assists in registration, examination, treatment, check-out, and reappointment of patients under the direction of the physician and team leader.
- Receives and interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information in patients' medical records. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Requests medications, lab tests, diagnostic tests, and specialty referrals upon the physician’s orders.