ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Oversight of the Health Passports, HIPPA and diagnosis specific training.
- Participates in Circle of Support and Incident Management meetings related to medical service delivery.
- Participation and feedback in the development of Individual Support Plan(s) concerning medical services.
- Oversees the delivery of medical services to include, annual assessments, lab follow-up, and physician recommendations to ensure the delivery of quality services.
- Conducts monthly nurse oversight and ensure accurate documentation is completed and readily accessible.
- Reviews medication administration, medical treatment plans, and other health services, to ensure they are provided in accordance with physician orders and RN licensing standards.
- Establishes a safe, well organized system of medication administration to consumers by qualified staff.
- Destroys all outdated or discontinued medications in accordance with Agency policy.
- Tracks, reports, and trends all medication errors and provides corrective training as needed.
- Communicates to ISCs, Conservators, and Family Members changes in consumer medical status as needed.
- Ensures that consumer medical appointments and annual assessments are made and kept in a timely manner.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in dealing with consumers, family members, guardians, and other outside professionals.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Follow and administer Company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer consumers, which may include but not be limited to lifting and transferring in and out of a bathtub, vehicle, bed or wheelchair, as appropriate and needed to assist with the consumer’s assisted daily living skills.
- Associate of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Current nursing licensure in the State of Tennessee or compact state.
- Minimum 1 year of supervision and/or management experience.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with others, exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, understand and follow instructions, and express ideas in English in a professional manner.
- Special consideration given to applicants with previous experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Acceptable background check.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds routinely.
- Able to pass all required training.