-BS in Biology
-outgoing and eager to learn in the lab
-comfortable working in a laboratory setting with human samples
HIPAA knowledgeable and compliant; maintains strict confidentiality of client and patient information.
1.Knowledgeable in the handling of specimens from accessioning to tissue processing.
2. Maintains adequate inventory of supplies.
3. Complies with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to Histology including adherence to workload requirements and maintaining accurate work records (i.e. Sign-off logs, etc.).
4. Performs routine dissection, inking and processing of formal-preserved specimens.
5. Communicates problems and possible solutions to the Histology Assistant Manager.
6. Dictates gross descriptions of all surgical specimens using proper anatomical terminology. Describes specimen type, color, appearance, consistency, number of pieces, etc.
7. Dissects specimens if necessary in accordance with SOP guidelines and requirements.
8. Performs specialized procedures such as inking and decalcification of specimens.
9. Loads all grossed specimens into tissue processors in preparation for embedding and microtomy.
10. Performs routine maintenance duties such as processor upkeep, station disinfection and storage of specimen containers.
11. Communicates with Pathologists and the Medical Director in regards to special cases or uncertainties encountered.
12. Complies with yearly performance evaluations to ensure proficiency and competency.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.