D&S Community Services has a great career opportunity as a HOUSE MANAGER in Sherman, TX!
D&S wants you to join our growing team providing support to the individuals we support. This is a meaningful job that directly impacts the lives of others every day!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete the home staffing schedule and ensure the staff shifts are always covered within optimal hours with supervisory assistance.
- Assist supervisor in making hiring decisions for the home.
- Work direct care shifts, as required.
- Advocate on behalf of consumers, where appropriate.
- Communicate with the Nurses and/or CSM’s regarding any health or behavioral issues.
- Review Residential Support Service (RSS) logs and Medication Administration Records for completion and accuracy, and follow-up on corrections needed.
- Oversee the following:
- House staff to ensure that they are completing job duties efficiently.
- Training of direct care staff, to ensure direct care staff completes all paperwork for training programs in the home.
- Completion and/or follow-up on the completion of documentation needed, including but not limited to, Incident/Accident/Injury reports, Behavior Tracking Data Sheets, Vehicle Accident reports.
- Direct care staff to ensure consumer specific goals and objectives are followed and addressed.
- Direct care staff to ensure good health, hygiene, and grooming of consumers, and that consumers maintain adequate and appropriate personal belongings.
- Direct care staff to ensure housekeeping is done and cleaning checklists are filled out.
- Planning weekly/monthly activities for the consumers and following up with weekend staff about the activities participated in.
- Coordination and preparation of all consumer transitions, including consumer placements, visits, and movements.
- Purchase and/or oversee the purchase of necessary household supplies, food, and consumer purchases.
- Maintain all receipts including house purchase card, gas card, and consumer trust fund receipts.
- Coordinate, complete and follow-up on home maintenance requests.
- Maintain house and vehicle emergency kits.
- Document and conduct monthly fire drills and evacuation drills.
- Provide and/or coordinate transportation for consumers as needed.
- Assure vehicle maintenance is current and maintained.
- Be available for mandatory on-call rotation which includes 24-hour availability (via telephone) and in-person during office hours, unless other arrangements can be made.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Acceptable driving record and background check
- Valid driver’s license, meeting all insurance requirements