ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides individualized nursing care as needed in accordance with the current nursing standards of care, including but not limited to administering and monitoring medications for efficacy, adverse effects, precautions, contraindications and potential interactions with other medications as well as monitoring vital signs and the overall health status of the consumer.
- Maintaining medical records to reflect timely, accurate, legible and complete documentation
- Communicate as needed with families, conservators, guardians, program supervisors, direct support staff, physicians and other medical, counseling and therapeutic professionals to ensure the coordination of nursing care.
- Perform and document timely focused assessment(s) of consumers after emergency department/urgent care treatment or discharge from hospitalization and as needed thereafter. Document and report any and all significant concerns or changes in consumers’ conditions to the proper personnel.
- Ensure that all medical and adaptive equipment continue to be appropriate and are in safe working order, reporting any and all defects immediately to appropriate administrative staff.
- Ensure that all medical and therapy appointments are scheduled and completed.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer consumers, which may include but not be limited to lifting and transferring in and out of a bathtub, vehicle, bed or wheelchair, as appropriate and needed to assist with the consumer’s assisted daily living skills.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the State of Tennessee or compact state.
- One year of clinical practice preferred.
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, or in a related field, preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, if applicable