- Must have the minimal higher education background required by the program. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- if applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- One year or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University’s faculty handbook. Prior online teaching experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Prior experience working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and career.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.