Baton Rouge, La
The Instructor of Nursing position is a member of the School of Nursing faculty. This is a ten month, full time position. Provides effective instruction in assigned undergraduate courses on a full-time basis. Responsible for fulfilling and sustaining the duties and functions specified by established appointment and promotion criteria, including teaching and service to the school and community.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace and advance the Catholic, Franciscan mission of the university by ensuring that all teaching, service and scholarly responsibilities are consistent with the mission and implemented so as to achieve its goals
- Prepare instruction that reflects stated course student learning outcomes.
- Construct classroom materials that support the goals of the course.
- Prepare thoroughly for each instructional hour; instructs and guides the class in an efficient and effective manner.
- Advise students through feedback, coaching, remediation, and engagement.
- Maintain accurate records of student work and attendance and posts grades in a timely manner.
- Implement curriculum and instructional interventions
- Adhere to professional standards of conduct and corrective action policies noted in the University Employee and Student Services Handbooks.
- Participate in program and course assessment activities
- Assess student learning
- Coordinate and participate in recruiting events
- Actively participate in professional organizations
- Actively participate in scholarly activities
- Actively participate on assigned program, school and University committees
- Assist in coordinating instructional assignments
- Other duties as assigned
Previous mental health experience is a plus!
Master's degree in Nursing, Doctorate degree preferred
Successful and documented teaching experience.
Current unrestricted Louisiana RN license