THE IDEAL CANDIDATE NEED TO BE AN LPN OR A MEDICAL ASSISTANT
LPN Requirements are:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing and hold an active Florida state license.
Experience: Preferred one or more years Hospital experience, or Clinic/MD Office experience.
Other Requirements: CPR certification within three months of employment.
- Identifies and evaluates patient needs by way of telephone triage.
- Administers medication including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physician as required by specialty.
- Identifies patient and family education needs and provides instruction.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations as appropriate.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedures when documenting information in patient's medical record.
- Facilitates the flow of patients to maintain the integrity of the physician's office.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT Requirements are:
Education: High school diploma or GED. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Assistant Certification by the American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required.
Experience: Prefer one (1) or more years Clinic/MD office experience.
Other Requirements: CPR certification to be completed within three months of employment.
- Summons and prepares patient for office visit.
- Assists the physician with medical office procedures
- Administers medication, including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physicians as required by specialty.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedure when documenting information in patient's medical record.
- Maintains the integrity of the office
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current certification in CPR.
- Accepts responsibility for reading and referencing new policies and procedures and Nursing Update newsletters.