ProPath is a high volume pathology practice based in Dallas, Texas. With a focus on patient well-being, ProPath has invested in today’s technological advances to deliver fast results to all clients. Each member of our team plays an important role in ProPath’s mission. ProPath is currently seeking a Lab Assistant to join our Histology team.
With a role at ProPath, you will have the opportunity to join an innovated and growing company that values their employees. We look for individuals who are accountable, honest, a team player, and someone who will provide top quality customer service. As a member of our team, you will be able to make an impact in helping provide effective medical diagnostics and research that creates better patient outcomes.
As a lab assistant you will be responsible for preparation patient samples for clinical testing and data entry of patient demographics into database in a precise and accurate fashion.
- Accurately evaluate specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry, patient demographics and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct.
- Perform technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit patient specimens for analysis.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Accurately document information as required, including processing logs, quality control, and labeling of reagents.
- Prepare reagents in the department.
- Routinely handle biohazardous and/or chemical hazardous material.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and company information.
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and company.
- Must High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to input data quickly and accuracy.
- Related college degree or working experience helpful.
- Previous lab assistant experience is a plus.
- Highly motivated to excel with a strong work ethic and initiative.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more!
Our Lab Assistant plays an important role in helping ProPath achieve its vision of being the premier provider of diagnostic medical care. Don’t Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!