University Health System is a nationally recognized teaching hospital and network of outpatient healthcare centers, owned by the people of Bexar County. Since 2001, U.S. News has consistently ranked University Hospital among the best hospitals in Texas and the San Antonio region.
University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio, with more than 7,000 employees and more than 800 physicians and residents.
Come join our team!
- Provides skilled direct patient care (dialysis) and monitoring of renal dialysis patients.
- Operates all renal dialysis equipment and recognizes changes in the renal patient’s condition while on dialysis.
- Administers medications and access hemodialysis catheters for the patient care techs as assigned.
- Manages patients while on dialysis
- High school diploma is required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Card is required
- Three years recent experience in general patient care and successful completion of 3 months probation period is required.
- Must have current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Card
- Current license to practice Vocational Nursing in the State of Texas
WHY Work for University Health System?
University offers generous benefits packages, including incentives for professional and personal growth and enhanced financial security. Our benefits package includes:
- Education reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Optional insurance and other programs
- Paid time off
- Recognition programs