Actively hiring for Medical Assistants (MA II).
The Medical Assistant works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant (MA II) performs all aspects of the Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. A Medical Assistant (MA II) is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate.
- 6 months Healthcare experience / 6 months Medical Assistant experience
- Active CA MA Certification OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- National certification/registration (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT) as a Medical Assistant in the following states: AK, CA, MT, OR, TX, NM
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Rooming patients, obtaining vitals, EMR
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local laws relating to position and patient care.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs delegated work with minimal oversight.
- Must possess expanded knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.