Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Columbia Medical Associates in Downtown Columbia are looking for a skilled Certified Medical Assistant to join their team.
Our physicians and staff provide diagnostic and treatment services for a wide range of illnesses from the common millennial cold to more advanced geriatric concerns. Located on Providence Health's downtown hospital campus, this practice offers easy parking and quick access to a network of premier specialists.
Cutting Edge Technology
Let us get you well and keep you well with our cutting edge technology, including: a COLA accredited laboratory, ICANL accredited nuclear imaging, bone densitometry, holter monitoring, EKG, nuclear stress testing, echocardiograms, and vascular studies by a RVT, RDCS certified technician.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Columbia Medical Associates, click here.
Medical Assistant Position Summary: The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Provides assistance in managing referrals into or out of the practice operation
- Tracks and follows all referrals as appropriate sufficient to assure that the patients’ needs are met.