The Medical Assistant Clinic assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. Interviews patients measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts.
- May serve as a preceptor for clinical staff. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Coordinates patient flow, schedules appointments, procedures, tests and referrals. Works under close supervision.
- Observes, records and reports (to physician) patient's condition and reaction to drugs and/or treatments. Instructs patient/family regarding diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and health/wellness issues.
- Performs selected clinical duties, including documenting patient history, vital signs, immunizations and allergies.
- Prepares, stocks and cleans exam room and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Provides basic clinical care measures to all age groups. Assists physician/nurse with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.
- Responsible for appointment and referral scheduling, chart management, providing information and instructions to patients, and coordinating patient flow.
- Prepares exam room and assists physician during examination, treatment and testing of patient.
- Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources in a prudent and efficient manner in order to ensure efficient departmental operations and the provision of high-quality health care services. May perform medication administration with documented education under supervision of the physician.
High School or equivalent OR Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Completion of a Medical Assistant program or 1-year experience in a clinical capacity
Current American Heart Association BLS CPR card
** Approved Certifications for additional certification pay (.50):
NHA- National Health Career Association
NAHP- National Association for Health Professionals
NCCT- National Center for Competency Testing
#CB Keywords: MA ; CMMA ; Med Asst