The Medical Assistant (CMA / MA), under the direction of licensed personnel, implements, monitors, and documents processes to ensure that all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- You will prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking patient histories and vital signs.
- You will prepare exam and treatment rooms with the necessary instruments for your patients including preparation and maintenance of supplies and equipment for treatments.
- You will assist with lab testing and phlebotomy.
- You will assist physicians in preparing for examinations and physicals.
- You will assist with scheduling of tests and treatments as needed for patients.
- You will answer telephone calls to the practice and screens for referral to physicians and practitioners
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient privacy and rights.