Nursing Instructor - SUB
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
- Prepare for class starts by organizing student material and texts to be distributed.
- Prepare lesson/unit plans and submit to the Program Director and/or Academic Dean.
- Organize and present subject matter in a meaningful way to students.
- Develop course material and evaluation tools as needed, with approval of Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Instruct classes as assigned.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Advise students at mid-term and term end with documentation.
- Evaluate students on professionalism (appearance/dress code, attitude, cooperation)
- Maintain student records, grades, and attendance. Post on permanent record sheets daily.
- Research and prepare all lecture materials in advance of class presentation.
- Notify students of make-up work due.
- Tutor students during make-up time.
- Monitor students during make-up time.
- Keep informed of current standards related to instructional area.
- Maintain a classroom environment conductive to learning.
- Attend outside workshops and seminars on improving instructional and professional skills when time and resources permit.
- Supplement student material when needed.
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Assist with preparations for graduation ceremonies.
- Attend graduation ceremonies.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies and texts.
- Maintain classrooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Report any down equipment to the Program Director or Academic Dean
- Maintain a cheerful, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Assist financial aid and administrative departments by providing information as needed.
- Assist in distributing student recognition pins and attendance stars.
- Refer students to the Program Director and/or Academic Dean if additional advising is necessary.
- Refer students having excess of three (3) absences to the Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Faculty should remain in classrooms for all assigned instructional times.
- Faculty should adhere to scheduled student breaks.
- Faculty will utilize instructional plans.
- Faculty will direct and assess student progress in achieving theory content: cognitive) and performance (competencies: psychomotor and affective) requirements of the program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Current and active RN or LVN license in the state of California
- Must have one of the following: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, valid teaching credentials, completed a minimum of one year full-time teaching in a state accredited or approved RN or LVN program, met community college or state university teaching requirements in California
- Minimum of 4 years clinical experience as an RN or LVN in the last 5 years.
- Must meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications.
- Must meet approval of regulatory board in order to hold the position
- Teaching experience preferred