Vista College is currently hiring a Nursing Program Director for our Vocational Nursing Program at the Killeen, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College, visit the website at www.vistacollege.edu
The Nursing Program Director is responsible for organizing and directing the campus Nursing Department to meet identified outcomes. Primary responsibilities include the oversight of faculty and students and the systematic delivery of the approved curriculum through coordination of and implementation of academic policies, academic resources and faculty support. The Nursing Program Director collaborates with the Corporate Nursing Clinical Coordinator to develop partnerships with local healthcare organizations, recruit nursing instructors and students, and enhance the reputation of the program. In collaboration with the Corporate Director of Nursing, the Nursing Program Director manages the activities of the nursing program in compliance with all federal, state, accrediting agency and Board of Nursing regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support faculty in the implementation of the approved curriculum, academic policies, and college and department procedures.
2. Provide guidance and instructional support in the use of academic resources for faculty in didactic, laboratory, and clinical settings.
3. Solicit community sources for the recruitment and hiring of qualified faculty to achieve program goals.
4. Work with new faculty during the on-boarding and orientation process.
5. Collaborate with the Corporate Nursing Clinical Coordinator and campus-based Director of Education to conduct faculty performance evaluations and observations in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings.
6. Participate in the development and implementation of coaching plans.
7. Facilitate faculty development, departmental meetings and other programmatic activities.
8. Ensure faculty participation in departmental and campus-based activities.
9. Collaborate with the Corporate Director of Nursing in the development of class schedules and teaching assignments with qualified instructors.
10. Collaborate with the campus-based Director of Education to address faculty and student issues.
11. Participate in New Student Orientation including conducting program specific orientation.
12. Oversee the tracking of student attendance, grades, and academic progress, providing weekly reports to the Corporate Director of Nursing and campus-based Director of Education.
13. Facilitate nursing specific student retention meetings.
14. Collaborate with the campus-based Student Service Coordinator to promote retention efforts and student services to high-risk students.
15. Collaborate with the Corporate Director of Nursing and campus-based Director of Education to ensure compliance with academic, regulatory and professional accreditation requirements.
16. Participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures, student handbooks and other program information.
17. Participate in the review and revision of curricula as well as other program evaluation activities.
18. Recruit and maintain program specific Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) participants; conduct meetings; provide documentation in accordance with OAC policy guidelines.
19. Participate as directed on the Institutional Advisory Committee.
20. Provide input into budget preparations and participate in oversight of the approved budget.
21. Assume a part-time teaching load as needed and assigned by the Corporate Director of Nursing to meet program needs.
22. Supervise academic activities during day, evening and weekend shifts as assigned by the Corporate Director of Nursing to meet program needs.
23. Adheres to all college policies and procedures.
24. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Currently licensed or have privileges to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas
2. BSN required; MSN preferred
3. Five years of nursing experience
4. Two years of teaching experience
5. Demonstrate evidence of teaching abilities in subject area of teaching responsibility
6. Must have a valid driver’s license
7. Must have an acceptable driving record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
• Teaching and facilitation skills.
• Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
• Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
• May be required to travel to different sites
• Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
• Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).